Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bailey's, Butterscotch Schnapps, and Half-and-Half

I.e. the most delicious drink EVER. We discovered the Dandelion Bar and Cafe last night, where the deals are pretty freakin' sweet. Five euro cocktails, buy one get the second one free pints, and two for the price of one meals. WIN.

The atmosphere of the place was also rockin'. It was kind of a trendy, hipster-esque place, but at the same time was a classy establishment. Half nightclub, half high end restaurant. The music was pretty good, the drinks were excellent, and basically we had a fantastic time. We all agreed that we have to go back sometime in the near future. It's not quite the Irish pub experience, but I think we're ready to change it up a little (yes, two weeks in and it's time for a change already. Aren't we fickle!)

I'm getting increasingly pumped for London this weekend, and increasingly terrified of my research. Sometimes, it seems to be going great, and other times it seems to be careening out of control. I flip-flop between feeling like I'm really comfortable with my schedule and feeling really stressed and like I've already fallen behind. AUGH IT IS LAST SEMESTER ALL OVER AGAIN WHY WHY WHY. It doesn't help that I also keep remembering other things that I want/need to do, in addition to socializing, traveling, schoolwork, and the research: volunteering, writing groups, working on my own writing, transcribing for a little extra cash on the side.

I keep telling myself that I can do it all. I have plenty of time to do it all. But then I lay things out, and wow, it looks more and more like the semester is going to fly by. London this weekend, then hopefully two weekends of project trips, a weekend in the city for someone's friends, possibly a free weekend, trip to the West of Ireland, Keatley's here, then a weekend of spring break that will hopefully be spent traveling, trip to the North of Ireland, Rome, three weekends in April for more traveling if all goes well, two weekends in May of studying or traveling around Ireland, and then the weekend of going home.

It doesn't always feel like enough time. I know I will get everything done, because I have no other option, but I'm still kind of frightened. I'm hoping that it will pass after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment